11.12.2008

Joujou + Shugi with D.U.R.A @ ARTrage Lab


Looks like there's a new girl in town...Meet D.U.R.A.

Duraton, or fondly known as D.U.R.A., plays stylist and fashion coreographer to her new found interest - the exttremely cute "Fashion-na-Animal Kingdom" paper dolls made from cardboards. Melts any environmentalist or vintage collector's heart!


J+S: How did you get into paper doll making?
D.U.R.A: It was when I started my ‘La mode des filles de la forĂȘt’ illustration work. When I joined Pipit Love Postcard event, I started making the mini version of the Animal Kingdom. From there, I made a few attempts of doodles and sketches and started dressing them up. I always ask myself "What's next?" and "What if?" so I thought why not make them into paper dolls. I tried to find the most convenient way of making them, and that is, cardboard. However, I had them illustrated on papers as well.

J+S: What's special about the fashion-na-animal collection?
D.U.R.A:Owh, definitely all the designers’ fashion collection that they are wearing. It's like an everyday fashion show in The Fashion Forest; imagining each one of them strutting down the streets in designer's label.

J+S: Do you collect toys yourself?
D.U.R.A: Unfortunately, no. When I was small I just had 2 dolls to play and when I grew up I never keep teddies or dolls with me. But I adore Barbie collections :)

J+S: Who is your favourite superhero?
D.U.R.A: Superman, of course. Despite his hideous costume. hehehe...

J+S: What will you be selling at Joujou + Shugi Toys & Collectibles Market, Soho KL?
D.U.R.A: My fashion-na-nimal paper dolls inspired from the 2008 and 2009 fashion collection by famous designers.

The "Fashion-na-Animal Kingdom" papers dolls are up for sale in ARTrage Lab @ Soho KL Grand Launch on the 29th & 30th November 2008. Don't they look cute for Christmas?

D.U.R.A. Fashion alert!!!
Buy i.itch.illustrations artwork online: http://www.redbubble.com/people/dura
View i.itch.illustrations portfolio: http://www.behance.net/iitchillustrations
More work updates on: http://metissagecouture.blogspot.com

--
avi @ joujou + shugi

No comments:

Post a Comment